Officially coding period in Google Summer of Code was closed last Monday (August 22nd) , so this is good time to sum up last three months of my work on EGit project.
During that time I’ve manage to contribute 32 commits (29 of them are already merged into master, rest is pending for review). I have also two not finished changes in my local git repository. First is about supporting non-workspace files in Workspace presentation model in sync-view, second is refactoring of current Git Change Set implementation.
Here is detailed list of things that was done during GSoC and are available in current nightly build:
- improved synchronize wizard
- Workspace presentation model will refresh after repository change
- pushing from sync view to multiple repositories is now possible
- Git Change Set presentation model will be refreshed after workspace change
- context menu in synchronize view was cleaned up and git actions are shown for multiple selections
- synchronization on folder level is now possible and it will narrow results just for selected folder (when synchronization is launched for project then results will show changes in whole repository)
- local changes can be drag and dropped between <working tree> and <staged changes> nodes in Git Change Set presentation model
Performance improvements for Workspace presentation model are still awaiting for review in Gerrit. Some part of performance and memory usage improvements for Git Change Set are also pending in Gerri, I’m currently working on rest of required refactoring in Git Change Set presentation model.
I want to thank my mentor Matthias Sohn for his commitment in GSoC, for reviewing my patches and his feedback. It was a great pleasure working with him! 😉
Pingback: Dariusz Luksza: End of Google Summer of Code 2011